Looking for a super easy hearty dish to make for your family members that will fill them up and keep them healthy, look no further. This pasta dish takes only about 10 minutes and has no additives or preservatives. When making my pasta dishes, I always choose a macaroni that is made entirely out of beans or that is 100% whole wheat. Always read the ingredients on the back of the box to ensure you aren’t purchasing noodles that are enriched (mainly white flour) with wheat or other ingredients. My latest obsession is a pasta made entirely out of green lentils by a brand called Tolerant. One serving of this penne contains 21g of protein and only 1g of fat and sugar! It’s delicious and because it is made out of beans, you get full and stay full. I’ve listed the recipe to my dish below. I hope you enjoy it!
Pasta Topped with Corn, Peas, and Tomato Sauce
- 10-12 ounces of lentil or 100% whole wheat pasta
- 1 15 ounce can low sodium tomato sauce
- 2 cups of frozen corn
- 2 cups of frozen peas
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the package.
- While pasta is cooking, boil a pot of water, and add the corn and peas.
- Drain pasta, corn and peas and combine.
- Add tomato sauce (I usually don’t need to heat this because the pasta is hot enough to do that for me).
It’s as easy as that! Simple dishes are the best, especially when you’re trying to stick to a whole foods plant-based vegan diet.