I am currently almost 9 months pregnant, and I can’t seem to get enough of noodles with vegetables. I’ve been craving warm pasta dishes. As I mentioned in my last post, the pasta I purchase if always free of additives and preservatives. I cut out processed food two years ago and it was the best thing I could have done for my health. Lately, I’ve been combining different types of noodles. For last night’s dinner I made a combination of lentil and rice pasta and then, of course, added a ton of vegetables and a delicious organic pizza sauce. If you’re feeling like a good warm savory vegan and whole foods plant-based meal, here is a recipe I hope you enjoy.
Oodles of Noodles
Ingredients (Serving size depends on how hungry you are. Load the pasta and veggies as you see fit.)
- rice pasta
- lentil pasta
- frozen corn
- frozen cauliflower
- frozen peas
- 1 15 ounce can of organic no sugar added pizza sauce
- 1 vegetable bouillon or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the package.
- When the pasta is half way done, add the frozen cauliflower, peas, and corn to the boiling water.
- Saute the onion, poblano pepper, and garlic in the vegetable broth until soft. I always use water to saute instead of oil.
- Strain the pasta and frozen vegetables and evenly distribute among plates.
- Top the pasta with the poblano pepper mixture and add the pizza sauce (I usually don’t need to heat the sauce because the pasta is already so hot, that it does it for me).
- Mix everything together, serve, and enjoy!