I adopted a vegan lifestyle over a year ago consisting of unprocessed food and eliminating meat and dairy. In my ebook, Breakthrough to a Happy and Healthy Life, I discuss ways in which I changed my eating habits, how I lost weight after having my daughter from the diet and how I feel the healthiest I’ve ever felt in my adult life. Below are two of the 29 vegan recipes contained in my book for your enjoyment!
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
- 1/2 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- small can of sliced black olives
- medium sized can of tomato paste
- Italian Seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 240 degrees fahrenheit.
- Use a spoon to scrape and remove the black gills on the underside of the mushrooms. Rinse mushrooms thoroughly and remove any residue.
- Chop red onion, bell pepper, and zucchini.
- Once the oven is heated, place portobellos without their toppings to a nonstick tray (lay upside down) and place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Pull mushrooms out of the oven when the 10 minutes are up and spread tomato paste inside where the gills used to be (you can add the Italian seasoning, garlic and onion powder to the tomato paste or on top of your vegetables).
- Evenly distribute vegetables and seasonings.
- Place back into oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove, let cool, and enjoy.
Comfort Squash and Company
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 small yellow squash, chopped
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Place all ingredients in a medium sized pot.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.